My craft room is a mess! With the holidays and especially the work on our rental house, my craft room became a dumping ground for supplies. furniture projects, and empty boxes. If I did use any of my craft supplies, they usually got dumped on whatever shelf I could reach at the time. Obviously it wasn’t hard to decide on what room should be my first organizing project for the new year.
The photos below should give you a sense of how hard it was to even take pictures of this room.
I had to move the spare furniture, boxes, and even the work table out of the room to be able to take a picture of the cluttered and disorganized shelves.
I am so motivated to get this room cleaned up and reorganized that when I got an email from Kim at The Kim Six Fix blog about a creative space organizing challenge, I decided to participate just to make sure I keep myself on track to get it done.
You can find out more about the challenge here.
What I plan to do in this room.
The first thing will be to pull out everything in the space that does not belong there and put them in their proper home. I will also leave the work table and chair out of the room until I can organize the shelves to provide better accesses to supplies while I am working. Other things will include
- Purchase new storage containers for the shelves
- Throw out any old fabric samples I know I will never use or donate them to someone who will
- If I find anything else I know I will never use, it also goes in a donation box
- Organize the supplies on the shelves based on their use such as all wreath making supplies will be store together
- Create a wall organizing system for small tools and/or supplies
- Add more inspirational wall decor
I will post the after photos at the end of the month but will be documenting the whole process on Instagram as the month goes along.
I can’t wait to see what the other bloggers participating in the challenge accomplish this month as well.
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up do you not perceive it?” Isaiah 43:18-19