For the last three years I have participated in the Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop and had a lot of fun with it. The first year my white tree was decorated in a retro theme with mid-century vibes and shiny bright ornaments. The second year the theme was rustic with mason jar ornaments, wood slice ornaments, and woodland creatures. This year I embraced my family’s love a vintage red trucks and pulled together a red truck and buffalo plaid themed Christmas tree all in white and red!
This post contains affiliate links which help to support this blog if you purchase anything through these links, at no additional cost to you.
My Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree!
To make this theme happen I shopped several Christmas decor stores for every little red truck ornament I could find, including Walmart. Luckily red trucks are very popular for Christmas decorations right now and I was able to find some fantastic ornaments that I will continue to use for many years.
Of course being a DIY minded person, I made several of the ornaments for this tree. There is a cross stitch pattern hoop ornament, a wood slice painted ornament, and several embroidery hoop ornaments I created using vintage truck buffalo plaid fabrics.
This was such a fun tree to create this year and I now have several new homemade ornaments that I can pass down to my kids over the next few years.
Now on to the other talented bloggers who also participated this year.
Welcome To Our Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop!
Looking for Christmas Tree decorating ideas? We are sharing 40 absolutely beautiful Christmas Trees from some of your favorite home decor bloggers.
It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom.
You will find holiday inspiration for just about every Christmas tree style.
The fun starts on Friday, November 29th and continues through Saturday, November 30th.
We hope you will visit the talented bloggers linked below. This blog hop is something we look forward to every year and we hope you do too.
Grab your favorite beverage and settle in for some beautiful Christmas Tree decor inspiration!
Let’s Meet The Hosts!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.
Michelle James says
Donna, you know I LOVE all things little red truck, so this tree really spoke to me. It is so fun and happy. Thank you so much for participating again in the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop! Happy Holidays!
Thanks Michelle and thanks again for hosting such a fun event. My whole family love little red trucks too, especially since we have one sitting in the garage that hopefully one day soon will be finished. Have a great holiday.
Trina Welch says
My daughter & you have a tree with a lot in common. I love the red trucks & buffalo plaid that hitting the Decor scene huge this year. I may just have to work a little of that into mine.
I’m sure I would like your daughter’s tree just as much. Thanks for visiting.
I just love the Red/Black color scheme against the white tree! So pretty.
I don’t see very many white Christmas trees anymore but I wish I did. Yours is so cute and I love the ornaments you made. And I think it’s sweet that you want to pass them down to your kids later on. You could teach me a thing or two about being less selfish that’s for sure! Merry Christmas
Your red truck themed tree is darling, Donna! The red trucks really pop against your white tree and the red and black plaid ribbon complements your tree and trucks perfectly.
Thanks Paula. I was going to use my green tree but definitely felt that the red would look so much better with the white. Thanks for visiting.