Our laundry room makeover has hit that point where work is continuing but having pictures to show some amazing progress just isn’t happening. In reality, they are not exciting enough to really make for a great post. #oneroomchallenge #bghorc.
This post contains affiliate links which help to support this blog.
Week 3 of The One Room Challenge
Work has continued in our laundry room this past week. The popcorn ceiling has been completely removed, the ceiling sanded down several times creating more dust each time. My husband was able to apply a new skim coat to the ceiling, and then we started the waiting process for a few days while it dried before it could be sanded down again – several more times to get a smooth surface.
Ceiling dust is showing up all over the house.
I told you it was nothing exciting and I could show you several pictures of the in-process ceiling but it would look the same in every picture. So I will only show you one this time.
More work has been going on in the planning stages for the room while we waited for the new ceiling to dry.
I have been playing around with a floorplan drawing of the room and trying to figure out the right location for the folding table. In the original space, the folding table sat below the window. I will no longer push a folding table underneath the window as before since we are installing a new utility sink. The space in front of the sink need to be open for easy use. So the folding table must have a new location as well as the ironing board.
I usually kept the ironing board along the wall opposite the washer and dryer. Not only was it convenient as an extra folding table, but we could iron anything fast without pulling out the ironing board every day. It just conveniently sat in the right place.
That needs to change now that we are changing the workflow of the room with adding the utility sink.
We also have a larger sized ironing board. My husband is over 6 foot so to iron his long pants and shirts we needed a larger sized ironing board. My current challenge is finding a ironing board hanger that will fit the longer board. I have been searching online for a solution but so far haven’t found anything I like.
The paint color selection has become a bit of a challenge.
The other challenge I have been tackling this week is the wall paint color. I know I want something in a gray color but not entirely sure how the new LED light fixture is going to effect the look of the color I want.
My short term solution this week was to buy several sample jars of gray paint color from Home Depot. As soon as the light fixture is installed this weekend I plan to prime the walls and paint samples around the room to see how the light affects it during different times of the day.
I already had several small sample of darker grays I had used as an accent wall at the end of my hallway, so I will try all four paint colors on the walls once we paint a primer coat over the existing apricot color.
Next week I should be able to make the final decision on wall color once the new LED light has been installed.
I have also been online shopping for some art and accessories and even some wall decals. This week I finally framed a cross stitch pattern I did years ago to use in the space.
Overall for week 3, our laundry room didn’t change much this week except to create more dust for the house. The next two weeks though should show a big difference in how the space looks and functions. I can’t wait to show you the updated space next week.
Leave a Reply