When the days of winter are very cold and long, working on some Spring themed projects can not only lift your spirits but prepare your home for the much warmer and sunny days ahead.
This post contains affiliate links which help to support this blog if you were to purchase anything through these links at no additional cost to you.
This post has been updated because of the current world situation and more time we spend closed up in our homes. Some of us are okay at home just watching Netflix and binge eating. Some of us are not! For this reason I am re-sharing this post to help you get your mind off the world issues and to come out of this time healthy, more active and your to-do list much shorter.
For some of us, winter seems to last forever! It makes us want to stay in bed all day and hibernate until Spring. If you are struggling with the winter blues and the feeling that winter is going to last forever, then this post is for you! I have compiled a list of Spring projects you can start now to beat the winter blues.
So let’s try a different approach for the next few weeks while we wait for the calendar to move us closer to warmer days and sunshine.
If you are also looking forward to warmer days and finishing some spring projects early, try out a few of these ideas below.
1.Start your garden seeds indoors – nothing says that you are looking forward to warmer weather than planning for the future. Planting seeds, designing a fairy garden, or just planting small succulents can easily lift your spirits.
2. Clean out a few closets and start donation boxes with items for a worthy charity. This project not only makes your house feel bigger and less cluttered, but you also have the added benefit that you are helping out others and you get some exercise.
If you have been cleaning out and organizing stuff the last couple of weeks, try making some DIY decorative storage solutions.
3. Make a spring wreath. To brighten your mood and your home’s entrance, make a spring themed wreath or decoration so you will be ready the minute the weather turns warm again.
4. Paint furniture. When you are stuck inside fighting the winter weather and the winter blues, it is also a great time to paint or update those furniture projects you have been meaning to get around to.
5. Re-purpose a space. Instead of just cleaning out closets, convert a little used space in your home for a different function.
6. Move things around your house to refresh a space like restyling your bookshelves.
7. Finish a project using mason jars. Mason jars are so versatile and fun no matter how you use them. Plant succulents in them, paint them for a vase, use them for storage, the list is endless.
8. The winter months are also a great time to learn a new craft. There are many classes online to learn:
- Furniture Refinishing
- Furniture Painting
- Canvas Art Painting Classes
- Cake Decorating
- Candy Making
- Cross Stitching
- Rock Painting
If getting out of the house for supplies is a challenge, then take advantage of the delivery and curb side pickup options at your local craft stores. Amazon delivery is always available too.
If you still can’t decide what type of project to start – order a craft kit and discover a new skill while having fun.
Fighting the winter blues can be tough – for anyone.
If you are longing for spring, then take some time to start some spring projects this winter so that you can enjoy them on the very first day the weather is warm and sunny.
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?” Isaish 43: 18-19