For several years, the surgeon my husband worked with would throw himself a themed birthday party in January. Every year without fail he would set the theme and encourage his friends, and employees, to attend in whatever costume creation he dictated for fun. And it was a lot of fun. One year in the middle of a snow storm, we traveled to his house in Hawaiian tops, shorts and flips flops, and even straw hats and sunscreen, just to enjoy the night. And that is where this project was born from with trying to find a way to reuse the items we purchased at Party City in January for a Hawaiian themed party. With these items I decided to make a Straw Hat Spring Wreath.
This post contains affiliate links which help to support this blog if you purchase anything through these links at no additional cost to you.
For this post, I have joined with other talented bloggers for the Monthly Craft Room Destash Challange link-up party. I decided to take these items we had leftover from the Hawaiian themed costume party and turn it in to a new Straw Hat Spring Wreath for my side entrance.
Straw Hat Spring Wreath
I needed a new wreath for Spring anyway so why not use what I already have available without another trip to the store for supplies.
- Gardening themed straw hat wreath complete with gardening gloves, seed packets, and miniature tools.
- Farming themed straw hat wreath with miniature toy cows and pigs, miniature bales of hay and burlap ribbons.
- Rustic Farmhouse style straw hat wreath with cotton stems, a small themed sign, and ticking striped ribbon.
- A Beach themed straw hat wreath with flip flops, sunglasses, and a bottle of sunscreen.
- A Travel themed straw hat wreath complete with photos from a trip, a small camera, and tickets from events of the trip in a sunny location where you would need to wear a straw hat. Think Hawaiian of course for this wreath.
Something as simple as an inexpensive straw hat from a party store can lead to several new variations for a way to decorate your door this spring.
[ctt template=”3″ link=”b2RPS” via=”no” nofollow=”yes”]”What crafty creations could you make today from YOUR craft stash?!” #CraftRoomDestashChallenge [/ctt]
If you’d like to join in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, you can request to join our Facebook group here!
Be sure to visit all of the other talented bloggers who participated in this month’s challenge.
“But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.” Psalm 37:11