As the One Room Challenge™ nears the full reveal day for all of us, it feels good to be finally pulling it all together this week.
This post may contain affiliate links which help to support this blog if you were to purchase anything through these links, at no additional cost to you.
For more than eight weeks my house has been this beautiful and frustrating vision of construction chaos.
Not only did the construction phase take much longer than we would have liked, but weather delays meant that our furniture makeover projects have been piling up in other rooms of the house as we have dealt with delays on getting the concrete floor done.
I can’t neglect to mention the accumulated cluttered mess of paint cans, brushes, tools, and accessories piled on every available surface. Most nights I have had to clean off a small corner of the table just to eat dinner together.
In these hectic days of stretching for the finish line, we are so close to pulling together the last little projects and putting the furniture in place. At least those that are here. A few items are still pending and another shopping trip needed but with any luck the final reveal can happen as planned on the 24th.
Earlier this week, we experienced another delay on the painted concrete floor part of the project.
This is in no way a complaint about the product Behr Porch and Patio paint that we used. It was excellent!
It covered up the old stained concrete like a dream and we really liked the color.
It just wasn’t a match against a 120 pound German Shepherd puppy who excitedly ran around the room and even jumped up the side of the sliding glass doors trying to get out to the other dogs and play.
Before you ask – yes we followed ALL of the guidelines for the paint and even waited the recommended 72 hours before letting him on it.
In hindsight, we should have purchased the glossy finish instead of the matte finish for a more durable finish against big dog size nails.
But when a large dog jumps 6 feet in the air, he had to dig his feet in to the floor and his nails scratched and chipped the paint.
That is when we decided to apply a topcoat even though it was not “required” for the product.
I know you can’t see any difference in this above photo but really, the floor has 3 coats of paint and two coats of sealant now!
So once again, I painted another coat of the gray colored Behr Porch and Patio paint to cover the damage the dog caused. And then two coats of Seal-Krete Clear Seal in Satin meant for garage floors and cars to drive over it.
This process caused another two day delay but the final result was so worth it!
After this small delay, we finally started moving in.
Below are some sneak peaks on how our mid-century sunroom is coming together.
Pippin didn’t hesitate to claim her spot on the new rug.
And Recon always has to be involved in any project in some way!
The delivery driver left me a surprise in my driveway this week! The sofa arrived early!
The new modern ceiling fan and the outdoor sheers were installed this week. And my husband hung the new 50″ TV. Somehow it looks smaller on this large wall than it did in the box.
I will be moving furniture and accessories around all week until the final reveal. I hope you will come back next week to see it.
Galatians 5:14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one comment; “Love your neighbor as yourself.”